Monday, August 16, 2010

Carb Fix

I've recently picked up a copy of the magazine "Eating Well" which is full of healthy recipes that are (hopefully) tasty. I was really happy to find some ingredients that don't necessarily make me think healthy, like grits. I love grits, cheese grits at that, which I normally whip up with butter and velveeta. Of course that doesn't really fit into the healthy food challenge so when I came across a recipe entitled "Goat Cheese Grits with Fresh Corn" I was both excited and skeptical. The recipe is really simple; grits cooked with fresh corn kernels, crumbled goat cheese and fresh chives. It was great! I finally got that creamy, carby side dish that normally doesn't happen in a health concious diet, but it is only 156 calories per serving. The magazine's website is www.eatingwell.com check it out : )

No comments:

Post a Comment