Friday, July 23, 2010

Breakfast

Reading that a bad breakfast is better than no breakfast has made me rethink my usual breakfast of two cups of coffee with creamer. I read that a cinnamon roll is better than nothing. REALLY??? Not only do I have to eat breakfast but I have to eat it within an hour of waking up is shaking my world. YIKES!! I am committed to the challenge so its non-negotiable.
Today as I made my coffee I measure out the water for oatmeal, put it in the pan and set it on the stove. I put the oatmeal out with the 1/2 cup measuring cup. That's it before I have coffee. After one cup I just turned on the water to boil, measured the oatmeal......... Two minutes later the oatmeal is sitting in the pan with the lid. I can have another cup of coffee and then breakfast is ready. Now I'm awake and the oatmeal is ready. I add blueberries and my 200 calorie breakfast is ready.
I like oatmeal that is made on the stove. I can't do oatmeal in the microwave. Remember this is the FOODIE challenge so bad food is not an option. I think that oatmeal is like a canvas that can have anything added. I intend to explore all kinds of oatmeal additions over the next few weeks. Today was blueberries with cinnamon and vanilla with a hint of honey. I will be trying dried fruit, nuts, seeds, berries...... Breakfast in the first hour of being awake here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment