Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Husbands

As husbands go I've got one that I want to keep. However the man knows very little about good food. Knowing that I need to make a meal that was better on the waistline, I made chicken sausages, boiled cabbage, roasted beets, and watermelon. OK. It was a low calorie meal that left me going why didn't I do SOMETHING to boast the flavor. This was not a culinary/challenge hit but it did get me off to a low calorie day. The funny part is that Paul told me twice how good dinner was tonight. If I have to think about why he liked it I would say he likes plain food. See what I'm up against?

1 comment:

  1. We had a bit of a lazy dinner, frozen orange chicken from Costco. I had a little less than one serving size which is 260 calories! I also made a stir-fry with sesame oil and onions, and zucs, eggplant, okra, and tomatos from the garden whith a little bit of ginger tossed in. Josh ate nearly the entire box of chicken which shows what I'm "up against," a ginormous appetite. I also passed on dessert. Not bad, but like you said it's the first day.

    ReplyDelete